Contact Us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.


Office Location

Based in Bossier City, H. Lyn Lawrence, Jr. APLC assists families throughout Northwest Louisiana who need assistance with a divorce, property settlement, child custody, child or spousal support, or post-divorce modification.  We also handle adoptions and domestic violence restraining orders. 


We understand that divorce is often an emotional and stressful time, and work to help you obtain a swift resolution that will be in the best interests of you and your family.  Our comprehensive legal representation encompasses all aspects of the divorce proceedings, from pre-planning through all of the legal issues that might arise, such as child custody, child and spousal support, and adoptions.  By providing exceptional legal representation and serving as a trusted advocate throughout the entire process, we can help you through this difficult time.


While Louisiana law imposes a

 180-day waiting period (365 days if there are minor children) during which time you and your spouse must live apart before the divorce will be granted, the process can proceed quickly after that time if you and your spouse can agree upon the important terms of the divorce.  If disagreements remain and the case proceeds to litigation, this process can take much longer and cost significantly more. 

Property Settlements

Property settlement can prove to be an often-contentious aspect of divorce. Louisiana is a community property state, meaning that all property acquired during the marriage belongs to both spouses, except property received through inheritance or gift, which is considered separate property

 In divorce, community property is typically split equally between the parties.  Although it may seem as though the law clearly defines how property is divided in Louisiana, you might disagree with your spouse as to which property is considered separate and community.  Drawing on our extensive experience handling property settlements, we can negotiate a settlement on your behalf or fight for an equitable division of property in court. 

Post-Divorce Modifications

If your divorce is already final but you or your ex-spouse has experienced a change in circumstances, your child support, custody and visitation, or spousal support order might need to be amended.  Modifications of this type commonly arise when one parent wants to move away or is experiencing a change in financial situation.  Whether you need to pursue a modification or respond to a request for a modification, we can advise you of your rights and advocate for your interests in the subsequent proceedings. 

Contact Us

If you are involved in a divorce or other family law matter, seek experienced legal counsel who can guide you through this difficult time.  To schedule a consultation with us, contact H. Lyn Lawrence, Jr. APLC today.